Work Visa Canada
How To Obtain A Work Visa For Canada And How To Find Work
I came to Canada as a landed Immigrant twice, which is a different process than coming with a Work Visa Canada.
The International Experience Canada (IEC) didn’t exist back then. Today, the working holiday program with International Experience Canada is available for travellers from many different nations. With the working holiday visa, you can combine your travel with work and pay for your trip.
Find out how easy it is to obtain a Canadian working holiday visa AND find a job.
How to acquire a Work Visa for Canada
There are different types of work visas available. Some are for internships and travellers, others are for people who want to move to Canada permanently.
The most popular work visa for Canada and the one which is the easiest to obtain is the working holiday visa through the International Experience program (IEC).
Each year IEC agrees on a quota of visas for each country that has a working holiday agreement with Canada. The visa allows you to work, live and travel in Canada for twelve months (longer for certain countries).
Requirements for the IEC program
- be between 18 and 30 and 35 at the time of application (depending on your citizenship);
- be a passport holder of one of the countries that have a bilateral agreement with Canada;
- have a valid passport for the duration of your stay in Canada (the work permit issued will not be longer than the validity of the passport);
- have C $2,500 CAN when you land to help cover initial expenses;
- have health insurance for the duration of your stay when you arrive;
- Have a return ticket or the financial resources to purchase a departure ticket at the end of your authorized stay in Canada;
- pay the appropriate fees.
If you are between 18 and 35 years old, check the International Experience Canada website to find out whether you are from one of the countries eligible for this type of visa.
Are you not eligible? Then check out the other Canadian working visa options.
What you can and can’t do with an IEC Visa
The working holiday visa is valid for 12 months from the date of arrival in Canada. There are no restrictions what kind of temporary jobs you can do during your time in Canada. The idea is to see different parts of the country, therefore shorter job placements are probably a good idea.
How to apply for the working visa Canada
You have two options, either do it yourself or to hire an agency!
1. How to apply by yourself
You will have to dig through all the information on the government website to find out about the application process and see what documents you will need. Once you have all the necessary documentation ready you can put in your application. If you follow the step by step instructions, you should have no problem.
2. How to obtain a work visa the easy way
Don’t worry if the government website makes your head spin. There is an easier way around it to get your working holiday visa for Canada!
More About Canada