Ranch For Sale Lumby BC
Ranch For Sale: Horse Ranch, Guest Ranch, Wilderness Retreat. It’s like living in a retreat, a private setting, away from it all, surrounded by a prestige wilderness. Despite all the privacy, the ranch is only 20 minutes from the village of Lumby, 50 minutes from the city of Vernon and 1 hour and 20 minutes from Kelowna International airport. 10 minutes drive and you are at the beautiful Mabel Lake.
Ranch For Sale – Welcome To Paradise
Live Your Western Dream
I have owned this beautiful property for eight years, operating a successful Wilderness Guest Ranch and Bed and Breakfast. And now the ranch is FOR SALE, looking for a new owner.
This 78.3 acre property comes with two titles (59.5 acres and 18.7 acres). Located at the edge of the Monashee Mountains in the North Okanagan Valley bordering crown land makes this a recreational heaven. Miles of trails for horseback riding or ATV’s straight at your front door. Here you can enjoy a recreational lifestyle full of fishing, hunting and trail riding.
It’s like living off the grid but with all the luxuries you need. Water supply for domestic and irrigation is gravity fed and includes two separate water rights. The property is outside the ALR and is suitable to subdivision.
Many upgrades are done in the last seven years.
Sprawling mountain views, miles of trails, fenced pastures and an assortment of fruit trees and sugar maples.
Back To Nature – Sustainable Living
A place to grow – Recreation, Investment, Unlimited Possibilities
- Could be operates as a Guest Ranch or B & B, trail rides, kids camps, overnight horse camping, ESL school with customers from all over the globe.
- Great place for a family.
- Xplornet contract for high speed Internet. Excellent cellular signal, which is rare in this area.
- This recreational property could be turned into any other home based business or farm, a perfect place to raise a family. School bus service to the bottom of the road.
- Water supply for domestic and irrigation is gravity fed and includes two separate water rights.
- Property is outside the ALR (Agriculture Land Reserve) and is suitable to subdivision.
- 1930’s square log home has unique windows around top row of logs which lets lots of light inside
- The rustic home has a bright, open-concept kitchen-dining area and many upgrades (last 7 years), including a Pioneer Cook stove (can heat much of the house). A 2nd wood stove/new pipe, water softener and UV light, partially new windows and much more.
- The main floor contains a big Master bedroom, en suite bath, sauna and separate entry. This could be made into a suite.
- The front deck leads to the hot tub and overlooks the pond, barn, orchard (plum, apples, pears, crabs, cherries and berry bushes), vegetable garden and sprawling mountain views.
- The second level contains seven bedrooms, a large full bath, two sitting areas, rear deck and balcony.
- Ranch history, pictures and binders are available going back to 1930 when first the log cabin was built.
Ranch for Sale Gallery
Private, Quiet, Peaceful
Live your life to the fullest – and your way
The cozy, spaces main lodge features include a Pioneer Maid cook stove and a wood fire pace, bright open concept kitchen living dining area, outdoor deck leading to the hot tub and over looking the pond, barn, orchard, garden and great mountain view.
The main level also contains a big Master bedroom, en suite bath, sauna and separate entry. A spiral staircase goes up to the second level to the five single rooms and two double rooms (one located off the rear deck). There is a large bathroom and a small balcony overlooking the ranch.
Rustic cabin with loft sleeping four comfortably, electricity, cooking hotplate and running water. Built on to the cabin is a shower house.
This is a beautiful Mini-Cabin furnished with a bunk bed and some hand crafted furniture. No electricity.
Part of the log barn was made into a “Wild West’ tack room with steel saddle racks and lots of space for the horse gear.
Log barn, tool shed, school room, historic outhouse, tree house in process
78 acres, about 10 acres in fields, fenced and cross fenced plus riding paddock. Opsal Creek is running behind the house and might dry out in summer. The property is treed and offers many great rock formations and lookout points, like Misty Mountain, the back drop to the ranch. The ranch property has an amazing trail system continuing into Crown land and into the Silver Hills, getaways to many beautiful mountain lakes and superb fishing.
History and documentation back to 1930 when first Ludwig Opsal build his cabin. Before I bought the property, it was known as Opsal Creek Farm.
Moose, deer, black bears, grouse, eagles and an amazing variety of small birds.
From Lumby follow Shuswap Ave/Mabel Lake Road towards Mabel Lake, past Shuswap Falls to Procter Road (about 20 km). Turn right onto Procter Road and about 1 km up Procter Road you see the main driveway on the left. Procter Road is a dead end public road and gets maintained year round.
The ranch is on the school bus route. Procter Road is maintained all year round.
Shuswap Falls, Mabel Lake, Echo Lake, Provincial Parks, Mountain Lakes, Golf.
For More Information Regarding “Ranch For Sale” Please Contact: